Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Specialist position is a full-time, remote role, working with our Digital Marketing Manager, Education Marketing Managers, Production Managers, Strategists, Copywriters, Developers, and Designers. This team member is focused on managing multiple paid search, paid social, and SEO marketing campaigns across multiple clients in the education industry.
This position is best suited for a candidate that has associate to mid-level experience in search engine marketing (SEM), with a broader background in digital marketing and conversion rate optimization (CRO). Candidates should possess a firm grasp of promotional writing; emphasizing writing for paid ads is a must and the ability to strategically and purposefully develop ad content toward a greater marketing goal.
As a vital member of the digital marketing team, the Digital Marketing Specialist will help tactically drive the paid search and paid social marketing efforts for North Star Marketing clients. This position is responsible for Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook & Instagram Ads, Retargeting, Geotargeting, Dayparting, Demographic Targeting, Mobile Targeting. The Digital Marketing Specialist must possess competent knowledge of search engine marketing (SEM), social media, search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, and understand each channel’s complementary impact.
In support primarily of client engagements, this position will focus heavily on Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and SEO, using multiple analytics platforms to improve traffic, customer engagement, and conversion funnels. This team member will support the broader marketing team in paid media and SEO initiatives, both implementing and optimizing various search and social campaigns for lead generation and customer conversion.
Roles and Responsibilities
Digital Marketing Strategy & Execution
- Work with the digital marketing manager to develop paid media and SEO best practices and standards at the firm, including reporting, measurement, and return on ad spend (ROAS).
- Partner with education marketing managers and the digital marketing manager to develop specific marketing strategies, translate those strategies into objectives and tactics, clarify the scope of value and scope of work, and align the key performance indicators used to measure success.
- Managing day-to-day analysis and implementation of organic and paid media campaigns (Google Ads, Facebook & Instagram Ads, Google Display, Youtube, Bing Ads, etc.), including researching, coordinating, creating, monitoring, and optimizing paid media ad campaigns
- Research and identify the best paid media strategy for prospective and current clients
- Google, Bing, and Facebook Ads setup and configuration
- Writing paid ads for the appropriate platform
- Collaborating with content, design, and tech teams to support paid media clients’ needs.
- Client strategy meetings (primarily in-house; frequently by phone or video chat; occasionally on-site with clients)
- Implement rigorous A/B testing and tracking to drive campaign improvements
- Preparing the paid media and SEO offerings for scale; building and documenting the process
Analytics & Reporting
- Consolidate key metrics, provide monthly reporting and analytics to education marketing managers and clients, and provide insights for paid media campaign optimization
- Continually monitor and recommend improvements for paid media campaigns to support our clients’ agency and growth objectives.
- Analyze existing best practices in integrated media campaigns, as well as innovations made possible by emerging technologies
- Benchmark paid media activities against our clients’ competitors and peers in their respective industries.
- Use analytic tools to track, monitor, and optimize digital footprint and campaigns based on historical performance.
- Prepare and deliver both qualitative and quantitative analysis reports and dashboards that inform all audiences of our collective performance across all paid media marketing efforts, highlighting the impact achieved for our clients.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Two or more years of relevant business experience in a digital marketing or advertising agency environment.
- Minimum of 1 year managing PPC and SEO campaigns
- Advanced experience with researching, coordinating, creating, monitoring, and optimizing paid search ad campaigns
- Experience implementing digital marketing strategies in the education industry preferred
- Experience designing and developing paid search marketing best practices within an organization
- Google Ads Search Certification
- Google Ads Display Certification
- Google Analytics Certification
- Proven track record of using biddable media to acquire, engage, and nurture users throughout the funnel; campaign management skills with attention to detail
- Facebook Certified Digital Marketing Associate
- Google Ads Video Certification
- Google Ads Measurement Certification
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification
- HubSpot Social Media Certification
Computer & Technical Skills
- Proven grasp of all paid media mediums, including remarketing, display, content, mobile, and video
- Experience with Google Display Network, including remarketing and contextual advertising
- Proven track record of similar paid media role or paid media campaign management, and can demonstrate improving performance and ROI
- Proven competency with social media, digital advertising, email marketing strategy, and web analytics
- Experience with natural search planning and implementation
- Sound SEO knowledge
- Google Analytics and advanced Adwords Editor knowledge
- Deep experience using keyword research tools
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets and experience using agency-level paid media campaign management platforms a must
- Experience setting up and using Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixels, and UTM Tags
- Experience using WordStream a plus
- Must stay current and maintain industry knowledge, trends, etc. in digital space
- HubSpot (preferred)
- Ability to secure clear direction and buy-in from business leadership and then maintain visibility as strategy is executed
- Able to take high-level vision and translate it down to executable actions
- Ability to foster strong professional relationships and manage expectations with clients and fellow team members
- Ability to work across multiple projects and thrive in an environment with shifting priorities and time-sensitive deadlines
- A strong sense of organization and attention to detail is required
- Strong verbal and written skills are required
- Strong ability to prioritize and balance competing requests for support
- Ability to work independently and follow the approved strategic direction
Please be advised this position requires extensive training and requires some outside reading at the start to be in alignment with NSM’s theory and practices.
Summary of Approximate Time Allocation
|Task||Description||% of Time|
|Digital Marketing Strategy & Execution|
Researching, creating, organizing, monitoring, adjusting organic and paid media campaigns
|Analytics & Reporting||Assessing and reporting performance on campaigns||30%|
|General Administration||Time-keeping, internal meetings, etc.||15%|