With Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and many more becoming popular in recent years the need to use these as resources to help drive traffic to your site is vital! North Star works with clients of varying budgets so not everyone has the same marketing services available and some do differ. Have no fear though as you can still use Social Media to help drive traffic to your site!
Let’s review some basics so you know the proper way to gain more visitors:
- Traffic can vary, meaning that a visitor to your site may have simply known the site URL and typed it in, or knew part of the name.
- If someone searches the internet using a search engine such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, or similar then your ranking in search results do matter.
- Search Engines differ on how they “value” and “rank” sites which then determines how these sites display in order from first to last (in the from top to bottom sense).
- You can increase your rankings easily by having “Unique Content”. Unique content is just that, meaning that your site should have it’s own unique and entirely custom content, the information on your site should not be a direct copy from another site it should be unique in itself.
- When using Social Media you should make a new page or post on your site with unique content, then on Social Media provide a link to the page/post on your site. This will alert those on social media to a new event or information on your site which both engages your users who follow you on social media and also drives traffic to your site.
Example: Don’t post a long drawn out bit of information on social media (Twitter won’t allow over 140 characters regardless) instead, keep it short and sweet as the saying goes and link to the content on your site. “Come see us this weekend! LINK URL” is short, direct, and to the point.
- Sites such as Facebook and similar will automatically generate an image and link automatically when you post the page/post URL.
- Sites such as Twitter may have a character/word limit, when posting URL/Links to your site you may want to utilize a link shortener service such as bit.ly which turns long links such as https://ww.northstarmarketing.com into shorter links such as https://bit.ly/30IwnZ2
- This type of service is more useful when using very long URL’s such as: https://www.northstarmarketing.com/2020/01/16/3-ways-to-know-your-schools-brand-is-expired/
*The above URL can now be shortened drastically to this: https://bit.ly/37hYhxj which as you can see is much shorter.
Remember, regardless if you utilize your site in the manner above, once you start using Social Media to actively engage your audiences, don’t let it dwindle away, be productive, and keep up the good work as it were! You can utilize your social media making it very beneficial in the long term.